As the name suggests, this company operated from premises in the vicinity of The Octagon between 1861 when it was founded by Joseph Godfrey and 1954 when it was acquired by H&G Simonds.
The company was registered as a Limited company in 1899 and went into liquidation in June 1955
The brewery ceased to brew in 1970
The company owned a number of public houses within the three towns including the Harvest Home.
A variety of bottles are found bearing the company’s name and are fairly common finds.
Large aqua bottle from Octagon Brewery
Coloured glass bottles from the Octagon Brewery
Small aqua Octagon Brewery blob top beer
1955 revised advert